Gilligan

Default Frigates, airport flight info, now the elections...

For those of you who, like me, were amazed to learn that the US Navy
ships can be left dead in the water

Back in the 70's the ship I was on spent three days guarding a Destroyer
Escort that had gone dead in the water and was drifting about in the Med.
Towards the end of the first day big smoke columns appeared on the horizon.
It was three Soviet Osa class gunboats that surrounded us. The next two days
were spent watching our whaleboat weave in and out of the gunboats, the
gunboats trying to run over the whaleboat, deck guns moving about, M14's
pointed all over the place, in all a real good time.
The ship got going on its own and about one month later was intentionally
rammed by a Soviet sub. Ah, the good old daze!