Danny Taddei

Default Oh Danny Boy!

Oz1 wrote:

Uh Huh, same story, when it starts to get murkyand you're not IFR,
head for blue sky.
Another stupid move that is seen way too often.

Almost. His stupid move was to fly in an area that produces conditions
that change from hill to hill. He was near the beach and in a 400
horsepower feather weight plane so I am sure he was going fast through
the canyons. I think he came around a bend and tried to go straight up
to avoid flying into a fog back and lost it in the clouds because even
though he was a commercial pilot, you can't see the controls well at all
in that plane and ifr would be near imposible on straight and level. The
2 people that said they saw him spin in said it was broken clouds and
they didn't see where he came from, just where he landed. Either way he
bought the farm for being stupid. Most people that die in planes do it
by being stupid. I have another friend that died later from
complications after a crash. he had a big student and he was small. The
student freaked out and stalled the plane and my friend tony couldn't
pull the guy from the controls. The plane slammed into the side of a
mountain killing the student and smashing the side of Tony's head in. He
lived for a few years but he was blind and cripled on one side. Even
that can be classed as stupid because a little forethought would have
figured out the problem before they got off the ground. Hind sight is
20/20 but the young and starving instructors out there see every student
as their next meal. Sammy, the guy with the starduster owned a Harley
shop near the airport and was pretty rich but he was another case.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)
There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html