John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Rolling Thunder

On Sun, 27 May 2018 20:45:12 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 5/27/2018 8:00 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 18:28:05 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

WoW!!

AAA expects 900,000 motorcyclists this year to travel from across
the nation to DC for this weekend's events.

That's almost twice as many as the year I went back in 2002.

Can't imagine where they will all park. The year I went the
Pentagon parking lot was completely filled ... and for those who
have never seen it, it is *huge*!

This may just be a testament to the number of boomers who now have no
problem going on a road trip ;-)

The open question is how many will sleep under a tarp next to their
bike and how many will be at the Crystal City Marriott?

Don't know. We stayed in some sleezy motel in Manassas VA.
It was the only place we could find a couple of rooms.

Shoulda yelled, we had room!