Alex[_15_] Alex[_15_] is offline

Default Adding to the ranks

Tim wrote:
2:18 PMKeyser Soze
On 5/11/18 10:12 AM, Tim wrote:
Now I have 3, an 85 horse and a 140 horse Evinrude, also a guy just gave me a really nice 115 hp Mercury 115 “tower of power” . Yes,... gave me. Though obsolete,these 2-cycle engines are mechanically sound and trustworthy.

I’ve found another 30’ r only this time it’s a tri-toon., minus an engine. For doing a lot no range river cruise (approx 300 mile 1way) I’m wondering which power would best be suited between the 115 merc or the 140 Evinrude.
I really doubt one would be more economical than the other. But seeing I’m not paying forvengines there’s lots of room on the card for fuel.
Decisions decisions...

Is that 3 hp one of those delightful Evinrude Lightwins from the early
1950s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_HmhZVQUwI

....,

3 engines. An 85 hp Evinrude, a 140 hp Evinrude, and a 115 hp Mercury.

My nephew has acquired some little air cooled outboard with a little round gas tank in it don’t know what the make or power of it is, though.

Briggs and Stratton made an air-cooled outboard for a while.