Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Historic Aircraft Carrier Battle

wrote:
On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 4:22:00 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
Battle of the Coral Sea, quickly.

http://www.military.com/video/operat...my-a_180509.nl

The babble of the Coral Sea definitely was the beginning of the turning
of the tide in the Pacific war. The battle of Midway the following month
completed the turning of the tide.

A few years ago, we were visiting the local VA hospital. One of the guys
we talked to was a bomber pilot at Midway. He said he was doing photo
recon of the islands and was spending the night at Midway. Got up in the
morning to go photograph more islands and they told him nope, we are
pilot who flew MacArthur to Europe for meetings. A real character.