Simple Simon

Default how a sail works, who can help me explain?

Your theory is just too simple even for Simple Simon.

You cannot just take one side of a sail and claim it does
all the work. There is much more to it than that. If your
simple theory was correct all one would need is sheets
of plywood set at an angle to the wind and sailboats
would go just as fast as those with dacron sails that
are cut to produce the correct shape to cause the
venturi effect to produce lift.

"PIM" wrote in message ...
I did not really leave the discussion completely, it was just a slip of the
keybord when I was too irritated about a stupid theory that is based on:
"things on a longer path go faster"
combined with some quicktime videos that did not work
My emotion took over. :-(

And I am always lurking.

Thanks,

Pim
who knows the theory on
www.sailtheory.com
is better as simple mc neals "Ventulli" theory.

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu