Alex[_15_] Alex[_15_] is offline

Default Salesman lesson for Don White

wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 17:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Mr. Luddite
Damn thing has a display as big as my bedroom TV filled with
"stuff" to turn on/off or adjust. Told her to be careful with it and
keep her eyes on the road.

It has a peppy V6 but also has the feature that turns the engine
off when you stop for a red light or something. Starts up again
when you take your foot off the brake.

Fortunately, there's a button that allows you to disable that
feature. It would drive me nuts.

I remember vw experimented with that feature in the early 70s. It was a ploy to raise overall fueled economy and cut pollution. Didn’t go over well.
I see Jeep is offering it as well as offering a solution if you want out.

GM tried the 4-6-8 feature too where they started blocking off
cylinders and that went away pretty fast too.

Mercury outboards (holy **** - an on-topic post!) has/had some 4
cylinder engines that worked the same way. When the other two cylinders
kicked in it was quite abrupt.