Jeff Morris

Default Do You Own a Yacht???

Each person receives an exemption - it was $600,000 and is now $1,000,000. (It actually
ramps up to 3.5 mil, then drops back to 1 mil in 2011, I think.) If all the assets are
in one person's name, the other effectively waives this exemption. This blunder could cost
your heirs a million bucks or more.

However, I'm sure Suzzy's lawyers are feeding you this nonsense about "tax profiles" to
save her a bundle of money.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
However, when you get older and (God forbid!) have children, you may start to
think of
estate transfer. In that case the issues are different, and it becomes
important to
balance holdings, and to set up trust funds to maximize the amount that stays
in the
family.

You clearly know very little about estate transfers. By splitting the holdings
you pay far more in taxes if a transfer is made. You also fail to realize that
financial history comes into play. Suzzy's is perfect. Mine is not.

RB