Jeff Morris

Default Do You Own a Yacht???

I don't know how the laws work in New York, but I think that the concept of "community
property" applies to divorce, but not necessarily liability, estate and other issues. If
Suzy was listed as the only owner on your CG-1258, she is the owner, not you. If you
tried to sell the boat, or even take it to another country, you would need her permission.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-m/vdoc/forms/cg1258.pdf

-j

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Are you stating that you lied on an official CG document?

I'm married. If my name was on the doc, my wife would also own the boat. We
have no prenup. In any case she actually paid for the boat, as I had paid for
the previous item....the car.

RB