Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default begins badly

On 4/3/18 3:55 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
There's a difference between the U.S. military and the National
Guard..
,,,,

Really? My great uncle was in the Pennsylvania national guard and fought in Belgium during WW1. I had two cousins in the Illinois national guard called to Vietnam .

You amaze me, Harry.
Hahahahaha!

Oh, were those relatives fighting as an ordinary police unit or to
pursue ordinary domestic policies within the United States? No? Well,
there are restrictions on the U.S. Army or Air Force doing that, but the
Guard, which is under the direction of a governor, can engage in such
activities in their home or neighboring states.

You see, Tim, there *is* a difference between the U.S. military and the
national guard.

A national guard unit can be activated for border patrol or for other
activities along a border, such as fence building, but I think the
restrictions in the Insurrection Act prevent the Army from doing that.
There were a few years when such was possible, but that authority was
taken away.