Default USCG Cutter Tahoma

On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 16:36:41 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The Coast Guard cutter my grandson is stationed on returned to it's
homeport Friday after a 3 month patrol in the Caribbean. He had all
kinds of sea tales to report this morning when I saw him.

In addition to drug interdiction operations they also facilitated the
safe repatriation of 352 Haitian migrants in collaboration with the
Royal Bahamas Defense Force. They also rendered aid to 202 migrants who
were rescued off of two overcrowded and unseaworthy vessels.

The tall dude in the boarding party with with his back to the camera and
supporting the head of one of the Haitians is my grandson.

He loves his work.

https://cdn.dvidshub.net/media/thumbs/photos/1803/4215864/1000w_q95.jpg

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHSCG/bulletins/1e604ce

That is really cool. It is the kind of thing I wanted to be doing but
they "put me on a white one and sent me to sea".