John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default The list of banned guns.

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 11:34:17 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 07:27:15 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:45:50 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
Cicilline's list:

http://app.providencejournal.com/glo...709.1519823660

Looks like your Mini-14 is safe unless you change the stock to something
scary looking! It would be more deadly if you did that.

Yeah, the original article stated: ""The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and
importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as
semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds."

That would have included the Mini-14 and the Sig Sauer P226. But, the bill includes only 'assault'
rifles and pistols. Looks like my stuff is safe.

It all depends on how they choose to read it.
This is the preamble to that list.
"(H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or
altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof:"

"capability" being the key word.
Any Mini 14 is just as capable as any other to accept the same
magazines.
It later give a list of firearms exempted from the AWB of 2017 (that
did not pass) BUT this is the AWB of 2018.
Simply because this is just feel good legislation they may go ahead
and leave that list standing making the whole bill meaningless in any
real sense.
They also added that stupid clause that any magazines manufactured
after X date shall have a serial number, implying if it doesn't it is
"pre ban" but I remember how "pre ban" magazines were a glut on the
market in the late 90s. Some still seemed warm from the stamping
operation.
The only good news for the gun grabbers is, most were ****. I had 2
that I just left on the rail at the range. I assume someone could have
tuned them up but I wasn't going to screw with it.

I suppose you could call the Mini-14 a 'variant' of the AR-15, but that would be stretching it. It
must meet the first prerequisites before the 'capabilities' kicks in, the way I read it.