Default Amazon prime TV

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 12:15:10 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Greg, If I were you I'd go to Walmart or Best Buy and buy a cheap,
amplified set of rabbit ears and try them before going to the trouble of
moving your current antenna around. I think you will be surprised.
Should only cost anywhere from $19 to $29 bucks. Just make sure the
amp is built into the antenna itself.

My brother, who lives 55 miles south of Boston, set up a TV and the set
of amplified rabbit ears I gave him in his shed. The antenna is sitting
on the shed rafters, about 7 feet high. He gets the three major
networks in Boston in HD with no problem along with a few other
stations. Was happy because he could go out to the shed to watch the
Patriots games.

I have one, new in the box right here. These houses are not really
conducive to RF signals tho. Lots of steel and concrete. Even FM radio
is not that great. I was getting a decent UHF signal with one of those
wire loops on my guvmint converter out in the tiki bar but nothing in
the house. Some of that may have been because the sloped pan roof
behind the box was reflecting a lot of signal back or something.
I do notice that the TV tuner is a lot better than the RF tuner in a
Dish box or even the new TiVo.
I also get channel 31 on the TV and 30 on the TiVo. (both the same
station as far as I can tell). The TiVo sees the ch 31 signal at 70%
or so but it will not tune. The TV doesn't seem to see 30 at all. My
portable TV I use to tune the antenna sees 30.