Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Amazon prime TV

On 2/27/2018 7:29 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 17:06:57 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 17:04:59 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Thst's too much to pay for tv. Our fiber cable and internet is
free, but I put up a small OTA emergency antenna and I get about
60 channels with it.

That's for everything. If I don't get the discounts I may try an outdoor antenna. I've got one, just
too lazy to put it up yet.

Digital TV has made the antenna thing a lot less rewarding. In
Maryland I could get all of the DC stations with a coat hanger and if
you had any decent antenna at all you got Baltimore as well as DC.
With a rotor you could point it south and get Richmond (Important to
my Ex when the skins games were blacked out)
These days, with a deep fringe antenna and an amp I have trouble
getting the Ft Myers stations 30 miles away.

Weird. I posted this before but I could get 50-60 digital channels with
a simple rabbit ear antenna set (amplified) in the house in Duxbury. I
imagine your area is flatter than we are so I am surprised you have such
poor reception. We were about 40 miles south of Boston, definitely in a
fringe area and not all would stay "locked" in but the main ones worked
fine in HD. Nice thing about digital is that you either "get it" or you
don't. The days of snowy pictures are gone.

Got all of the major network channels from Boston and Providence
including the sub channels. Channel 5 also had programing on 5.1 and
5.2. Same with channel 4 which also had 4.1, 7 also has 7.1 etc. Also
got some of the former UHF channels. Some of the off beat programming
were old classics like Perry Mason, Columbo and the Rockwood Files. One
even had the old Jackie Gleason Honeymooners series, the original
Superman series and many more really old ones.