Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Amazon prime TV

On 2/27/2018 7:23 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:01:51 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

First thing I do when I replace a shower head is remove the flow
restrictor. Helps a little. Restrictors are fine for the sinks but not
for the shower, IMO.

My current house has a separate shower and tub. I wish the shower had
the water supply the tub has. It must be fed with 3/4 inch pipe. When
I need to refill the humidifier I can fill a gallon jug of water from
the tub faucet in 10 seconds flat using cold water only. It's even
faster if I use both hot and cold. Takes 60 seconds or more from the
kitchen sink faucet.

All of the new faucets and shower valves I have bought in the last 20
years are internally limited by the size of the passages and the
cartridge., There is not much you can do about them. After bothering
Price ****er about the kitchen faucet for a few weeks they sent me the
"experimental" cartridge that was a little better but when it went bad
there was no getting another one. If my wife was not so much of a
"style" person I would have the old 2 handle faucet that moved 10
gallons a minute. The delta bathroom faucets have a 1/8" ID pipe
feeding the spout. Not much you can do about that either.

I like lots of water in the shower. I just keep them short.

When we were in Florida one of the houses we had was fantastic for water
flow in the shower. The guy we bought it from had modified the plumbing
and had the pressure on the pump accumulator set at 100 psig. Shower
water would almost knock you over. He did it mainly because when he
built the helicopter hanger he put a huge shower in it with multiple
shower heads. It was really nice.