John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Amazon prime TV

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 17:17:09 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/27/2018 5:06 PM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 17:04:59 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

snippage

Thst's too much to pay for tv. Our fiber cable and internet is
free, but I put up a small OTA emergency antenna and I get about
60 channels with it.

That's for everything. If I don't get the discounts I may try an outdoor antenna. I've got one, just
too lazy to put it up yet.

I was really surprised how many digital channels (many in HD) were
available when I set up a TV and a cheap, rabbit ear antenna in the
"barn" garage at our previous house. We were well outside of the
recommended range being almost 40 miles south of Boston and even further
from Providence, RI, yet still got 50-60 channels. I tried a couple of
antenna types and the best one had a built-in RF amplifier. It was only
about $19.

I came across this site when thinking of the outdoor antenna. Don't know how accurate it is, but
it's pretty cool. https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps

Another one: https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html