John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Teachers and guns

I am not surprised at the stance of the teachers' unions when it comes to arming teachers. It's an
anti-Trump stance, and I'd expect nothing more.

I am surprised at the number of teachers being quoted who use 'too many responsibilities already' as
a reason for not arming teachers. It's true that teachers have a load of responsibilities. But, when
the shooting starts only one takes precedence - protecting kids. I don't think any unwilling teacher
would be asked to carry a gun. And, the simple act of carrying a gun does not add significantly to
the other duties of a teacher.