Default Tick Tock

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 00:40:45 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

I did sustaining engineering for one company. Fixed lots of design
errors. Made a really nice living. Worked my way through fixing
mainframes. Also a decent income.

Of all the jobs I had, mainframes were my favorite thing to fix, I was
real good on just about any kind of big printer, 1403 and 3800 in
particular (little ones, not so much) and I became pretty good on
check sorters but they were never my favorite thing to do. Check
sorters are not that much "fixing" as just replacing parts
preemptively by the box load. We started using our drill drivers and
mass attacking them 2 or 3 guys at a time.
I also liked the instructor job but I didn't want to work in DC or
Atlanta. Plant jobs (service planning) were fun for a while but I got
bored. I did not want to be Dilbert in a cube.
It was better when I could do it remotely from Ft Myers (then called
service delivery) and it was just logistic planning. Unfortunately all
of that went away along with the 6 man territory I was managing at the
time.