Default Tick Tock

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 16:32:43 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 2/24/2018 4:18 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:39:58 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 2/24/2018 2:25 PM, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:36:12 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I'll betcha it's not so much a case of being anti-gun as it is legal
beagles recognizing that litigation could extend not only to the
shooter, the store that sold him the firearm (already happens) and to
the financing agency that made the purchase possible. I'll bet more
credit card issuers will start prohibiting the use of their cards for
firearm purchases in the future.

There is legislation in place that shields sellers and manufacturers.
The left really wants to change that but not with much success so far.
This credit card thing is just kubuki theater. Like you say, once the
water calms down I bet it goes away, particularly if a number of big
chains decide to tell them to **** off.
Like someone said before, where does this stop? Are they going to stop
processing charges for dangerous food next? Far more people die from
obesity related disease than from guns, by a couple orders of
magnitude

Why don't we just ban everything the ATF people regulate and be
done with it. Of the three, I don't know which is
deadliest.

Greg seems to think that all of our society problems are mutually
inclusive, meaning you can only fix 'em if you fix *all* of them at
once. It's ok to take one or two at a time.

Certainly true but why start with the one that causes a few hundred
deaths and ignore the ones that cause tens of thousands or even
millions?
Oh I forgot, they aren't news and the fix would be inconvenient for a
lot of people.

I give you this. You're amazing. :-)

(not trying to bust your chops but I am very, very thankful that not all
share your logic.)

You are pretty amazing yourself. You say you want to stop the killing
and then you say you will start with the weapon that kills the least
number of people.
You top that by saying this is not a slippery slope.
After the ARs are gone and the killers move to Mini 14s or Harry's
Scorpion, they will have to go. Then will it be shotguns or pistols
next.

Just as a sanity check, when you look into that bogus "18 school
shootings in 2018" (most were not any kind of actual murder attempt
and some were not even at an open school)
THEY WERE ALL HANDGUNS except Parkland.