Default Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:11:43 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I just didn't grow up with my parents saying, "Why don't you go out and
play with your .22 rifle" just to get me out of their hair. It was bad
enough when (in the middle of the summer) they finally caught me going
outside with a winter coat, knit hat and carrying swimming googles.
They weren't aware of the BB gun fights a bunch of us had.

See that must be a northern thing. I never heard of anyone shooting at
someone else with a BB gun when we were growing up. It was still a gun
and we were taught to not even point it at someone. My father would
have stomped a mud hole in my ass if he saw me point a cap gun at
someone.