Simple Simon

Default Saddened and Disgusted

Good Tadpole,

To put it bluntly, sir, what those whose entire newsgroup life
consists of trolling and only trolling accomplish is no more
of a challenge than having sex with a prostitute. Yet these
people who have no sense of accomplishment continue to
act as if what they do is a major accomplishment.

To both the troller and the John, a bare hook and a fistful of
dollars is bait sufficient to accomplish the dead. Those who
allow themselves to be constantly trolled and never spit out
a bare hook are just as bad as those who proffer said hook.
Both demonstrate they are bereft of pride and originality.

In a very real sense both are prostitutes. Therefore, those
who enjoy or even abide what they do are also Johns.

It is bad enough that said Johns have no life, no boat, do
not sail and could not sail even if they desired to do so.
But, what's worse is these pretenders seem to feel they
are the life of the party when they are dregs and derelicts
to whom the term, "constructive pursuits" has no meaning.

They serve as the center of attention to an audience that
sits around in a voyeuristic circle jerking themselves off.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Respectfully,
Capt. Neal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message ...
Good Capt Neal,

I know that on my return my immediate impulse, to my subsequent
shame, was to shout "encore", but my conscience pricked me even
before either you or the estimable Gilligan pointed out the
perversion of the orgiastic newbie feeding, and I attempted to
make amends by issuing my own warning. But what is to be done,
when the protagonist himself will not disengage? ANd what example
is there, really, to show him how to do it? For on
alt.sailing.asa, the main trollers now have dispensed with bait,
or even with jigs. They simply display a hook, and the fish
impale. Inevitably, a newcomer, if desirous of acceptance, will
seek to do the same, thinking that such self-sacrifice is
appreciated. How can one explain the long-term hurt of a hook
when the hookee steadfastly chews it deeper into his jaw, while
the hookers gleefully throw more and more to chew on?

Flying Tadpole
(now flying angellically high above the unseemly and
blood-stained cybermaelstrom)

Simple Simon wrote:

It was with great dismay that I read the latest contributions to alt.
sailing.asa.

I had hoped that the new, so-called and self-proclaimed newsgroup
leadership would not allow things to become so out of control.
There simply is no justification for such debasement of what used
to be an example of creativity and good humor.

I am saddened when I see newbies hung up as trophies. I am
disgusted when I see the typical, obese, smug, cruel and psychopathic,
long time trollers standing in front of a string of dead fish and who
are proud they conquered said fishsnip