Alex[_13_] Alex[_13_] is offline

Default Woke up to ....

Bill wrote:
Alex wrote:
Bill wrote:
Alex wrote:
Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 12:11:57 UTC-4, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
... about 6 inches of light flurries.

Better than me. Woke up to a call from “Microsoft technical support” a
little before 7am. Better than the 4:30am call a couple weeks ago.
Weather is clear and cold. 40 in the backyard. New fence people coming
today. Can not believe the prices. No inflation? 2 gates, and 160’ of
fence. $10,777.
Why can't you build your own fence? Not much chance you'd fall off it.

Major undertaking. Some things are better hiring experts. Besides, is
only $6000 to me. Neighbors toss in for their sections.

What kind of fence?

Board on board, redwood. With an 8’ gate, 3’ gate x 2. 6’ tall.

Redwood - that's explains it!

Cedar might be better these days. All the redwood these days is half
white, and little tannin. All new growth.

You only see pressure treated southern yellow pine here. It's cheap but
it doesn't look as nice as redwood or cedar.