Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Renewable energy cuts

On 2/1/18 7:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

The Washington Post is reporting that the Trump administration is going
to recommend a 72 percent reduction in the development of renewable
energy sources.

I think that's wrong to do.Â*Â* Renewables have a long ways to go before
they can generate the majority of the USA's energy needs but to
significantly cut back on their development is not a good idea, IMO.

The Union of Concerned Scientists reports that by 2050 renewable sources
could potentially supply 80 percent of our electrical energy needs.
That may be a little optimistic but it's heading in the right direction.

Unfortunately, the renewable sources that get the most attention are
solar and wind.Â* Both rank low in the energy production of all the
renewable sources.

I suppose Trump has to find some way to build more of those hydrogen
bombs he wants to use. We don't have nearly enough of them.