Default SOTU

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 15:12:38 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I choked a little on that myself but it is only money. The Germans
figured how to make clean fuel from coal 75 years ago and there is a
coal gassification plant that we got a look at in Beulah North Dakota.
It just can't compete with gasoline from shale or fracked natural gas.

Trump talks up the idea of clean coal, but where in the United States
would one be doing the carbon capture and storage? How about under Trump
Tower or below Mar-a-Lago?

Like I said it is only money. Scrubbing the stacks makes it better to
live near the plant but it is not cheap. Up until this latest fad, CO2
was the good gas that came out of the tail pipe "just like the fizz in
soda pop" according to the people who sold us the catalytic converter
back in the leisure suit days. They just need another stage in the
scrub cycle to extract the CO2.
The real problem with coal is it isn't clean, unless you are in the
anthracite country in West Virginia.