Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default California Liberal Education

On 1/29/18 12:17 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:58:59 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/29/2018 11:40 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 09:01:54 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

This is one for the history books.

California high school teacher was recorded last week
bad mouthing military personnel simply because a student was wearing
a sweatshirt with the Marine Corps logo on it.

Among other comments, the history teacher, Gregory Salcido (who is
also a city council member) is heard saying on the recording:

"... they don't have electricity, we all have night freaking vision
googles and that kinda stuff, and we can't freaking control these
dudes wearing freaking robes and chanclas (hahaha) because we have a
bunch dumb (expletive) over there ..."

Other comments heard on the recording include calling people in the
military "the lowest of the low". He accused them of joining the
military because they had no other options, that their parents didn't
love them enough to push them to a better education and job.

In any other state in the nation I doubt this teacher would have any
options for employment in the future. What an asshole.

Sounds like the California golden apple award winner to me and he
should be selling oranges by a freeway exit.

I wonder if he realizes that with few exceptions the vast majority of
commissioned officers in *all* branches of the military services hold at
least a bachelor's degree. Many hold advanced degrees including Ph.D.'s.

There are some exceptions for enlisted to receive commissions in
specialized fields without holding a degree. For example, the Navy will
commission senior enlisted personnel who have demonstrated exceptional
skills in their field as "LDOs" or Limited Duty Officers. Other
programs award commissions to enlisted who obtain at least a BA while on
duty. In the Navy these officers are known as "Mustangers".

Many of the enlisted schools and ratings are now recognized as being the
the equivalent of an Associate's Degree and are recognized and accepted
as earned credits towards a BA by many colleges.

This jerk has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Perfect
example of a liberal who's only experience in life is that of academia.

I agree but he was talking about "marines" ;-)
Actually, these days in the high tech world of warfare I imagine a
garden variety 03-11 marine gets a lot of technical training, just to
maintain the weapons systems they have these days.

They don't call Pakistani Tech Support?