Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default California Liberal Education

On 1/29/18 9:01 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

This is one for the history books.

California high school teacher was recorded last week
bad mouthing military personnel simply because a student was wearing
a sweatshirt with the Marine Corps logo on it.

Among other comments, the history teacher,Â* Gregory SalcidoÂ* (who is
also a city council member) is heard saying on the recording:

"... they don't have electricity, we all have night freaking vision
Â*googles and that kinda stuff, and we can't freaking control these
Â*dudes wearing freaking robes and chanclas (hahaha) because we have a
Â*bunch dumb (expletive) over there ..."

Other comments heard on the recording include calling people in the
military "the lowest of the low".Â* He accused them of joining the
military because they had no other options, that their parents didn't
love them enough to push them to a better education and job.

In any other state in the nation I doubt this teacher would have any
options for employment in the future.Â* What an asshole.

He's entitled to his opinions, but those sorts of opinions shouldn't be
expressed in K-12 classroom. On the other hand, you express no serious
displeasure when your Donald Trump expresses horrific, hateful opinions
about people.