Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Quiz question.

On 1/28/2018 5:35 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:49:14 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/28/2018 4:47 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 4:30 PM, justan wrote:
justan Wrote in message:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 1/28/2018 3:00 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:56 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 2:23:56 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
No cheating using Google:

Of all the flags/pennants flown on US Navy ships which is the
*only* one
that is flown *above* the Stars and Stripes?

Diver Down!

Good guess but:

Bong!Â* Wrong!

Hint:Â* Rule does not apply anywhere except on a US Navy ship.Â* Does not
apply at land based buildings, etc.

Wanna bet? :-)

Hint: on a particular building in the big apple.

The flag/pennant I am referring to has nothing to do with the big apple.

You all want another hint?

I do not know but I might guess a quarantine flag or a "bravo" during
live fire exercises

"Nomen" googled it and spoiled the fun.

The Christian, Jewish or Muslim flag pendants are the only ones
authorized by the US Flag Code to be flown above the "Colors" and only
on Navy ships when church services are being conducted on board.

I was reading that this part of the code has been challenged by those
obsessed with separation of church and state but it takes a hell of a
lot to change Navy tradition.

I remember it being flown on Sunday mornings while at sea. Only time
anything flow above the ensign.