Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Now I am ****ed ...

On 1/23/18 5:11 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:25:30 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/23/18 11:38 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:54:56 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:42:20 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:00:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 16:15:48 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:50:41 -0500, John H

We camp down at Solomon's Island frequently, and the hogs have overrun the place. If I go for a walk
around the whole campground, I'll surely see three or four every time. This doesn't count all the
ones I don't see!

Wait that can't be true. Harry told me there are no hogs down there.

I find it hard to believe there are actual hogs running around on that
mostly cleared and built up recreation area, unless a couple of
Vietnamese potbellied pigs got loose.

Once the hogs move in they can be quite fearless. We have them pretty
thick around here and they are right up in people's yards, rooting up
the ornamentals. The park at the end of the street has been pretty
proactive in keeping them thinned out but that is all it is, just
thinning them out. The rangers sometimes carry shotguns. The rest of
us are on our own. Judy bounced her Nextel off the nose of one once
walking in the scrub early in the morning. It was enough to send him
running.
The trappers catch them and sell the meat to the French. It seems to
be a delicacy there ... but they eat snails too.
Wild hog is a little too gamy for most folks. The old crackers will
catch them, feed them hog chow or corn for a while and they end up
being pretty good.

My wife thinks she saw a small bear climbing a tree in the woods behind
the house. I can't think of anything else it might of been...it was too
large to be a cat and it wasn't a raccoon.