Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Bump stocks and trigger cranks

On 1/23/18 12:23 PM, wrote:
On 23 Jan 2018 16:36:46 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Received a letter today from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts advising
all gun license holders on record that as of February 1, 2018
the purchase, sale or offering for sale of a bump stock or trigger crank
is unlawful.

Furthermore, effective after 90 days of February 1, 2018, the new law
makes possession of either, regardless of what type of license you have
unlawful, including possession in a private home. Even if you hold a
machine gun license, bump stocks and trigger cranks are illegal to own
after the 90 day period.

The letter goes on to state that if you have either of these devices you
are required by law to contact your local police department or the
Massachusetts State Police to arrange to transfer them for destruction
by the police.

Retention of either beyond the 90 day period will expose the owner to
criminal prosecution.

I’ve not encountered the term “trigger crank” before your posting of it.

Don't get out much huh?
They have been around at least 50 years. I made one that clamps on the
trigger guard from a small motor I got from IBM with a cam on it. The
thing worked ok but I was not sure about the legality or usefulness so
I put it away. It may still be in my junk at my Ex's house if it
didn't get tossed. My biggest problem with it was the old Marlin SA
.22 rifle I had would not cycle as fast as the motor ran. It ended up
running erratically.

I had to look it up. Never heard of it. I'm "cheap" with blowing off
ammo, so the one time I fired a fully auto rifle was enough for me. I do
admire the rapid-fire skills of Jerry Miculek with revolvers, though.