Default Now I am ****ed ...

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:01:14 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I tried reading "War and Peace" as a young teenager under the strong
"recommendation" of my mother who encouraged reading. She didn't care
what I read over the summer school vacations ... as long as I read. I
gave up on finishing "War and Peace". Too high brow and philosophical
for a 14 year old.

I was pretty heavy on WWII non-fiction in those days. My parents were
the same way. I just needed to be reading something. That was where my
father's tastes leaned so I got his hand me down books at first and
then started going to the library when I got to high school. I didn't
really have one close until then. Once I was in town every day, I lied
about my address and got a DC library card. ( I was a mile over the
line in PG County by then)