Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Beethoven's 5th...

On 1/18/18 7:31 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:43:41 -0500, John H
wrote:

...first movement must have been way too much for you, eh Harry. Old Ludwig got quite 'bombastic'
there. Oh, maybe you found a nice, peaceful version played on a piano, eh?

My favorite version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7NL6CmUC94

Sounds a bit better, but not much, on the original Telarc CD.

===

Nice, hadn't listened to the 5th in a while, but always a musical
treat. It's also a reminder of how YouTube has become a massive
personal jukebox of sorts, and almost totally eliminated the need for
maintaing a big private music collection. I must have close to a
thousand CDs that haven't been listened to in years. Should I try to
sell them, along with my many hundreds of vinyl LPs that haven't been
out of the packing boxes for over 25 years? Is there a market for
that sort of thing? Right now they are going to waste, and I doubt if
my kids would want them. The grand children wouldn't even know what
they were.

---
http://www.avg.com

We donated boxes of CDs and VHS movies and DVD movies to a vets'
retirement home. Doubt there is a desire these days for VHS media.