Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Beethoven's 5th...

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 7:31:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:43:41 -0500, John H
wrote:

...first movement must have been way too much for you, eh Harry. Old Ludwig got quite 'bombastic'
there. Oh, maybe you found a nice, peaceful version played on a piano, eh?

My favorite version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7NL6CmUC94

Sounds a bit better, but not much, on the original Telarc CD.

===

Nice, hadn't listened to the 5th in a while, but always a musical
treat. It's also a reminder of how YouTube has become a massive
personal jukebox of sorts, and almost totally eliminated the need for
maintaing a big private music collection. I must have close to a
thousand CDs that haven't been listened to in years. Should I try to
sell them, along with my many hundreds of vinyl LPs that haven't been
out of the packing boxes for over 25 years? Is there a market for
that sort of thing? Right now they are going to waste, and I doubt if
my kids would want them. The grand children wouldn't even know what
they were.

The CDs won't bring much, in my experience. The LPs can, depending on their condition and "subject matter". There are still a lot of collectors and music purists who prefer analog and will pay for classic vinyl. If you took care of them, played them on decent equipment so they aren't scratched and worn out, and stored them so they aren't warped, you may have a small treasure on your hands.