John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Far OT for my creative friends.

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:59:31 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/15/18 8:40 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 18:54:03 -0500, John H
wrote:

No way would I ever buy one. I see people at the range with those things and laugh my ass off.
They'll shine them at a target and watch them bounce around. In a few seconds they must get
embarrassed and shut 'em off. Never to be seen again.

Lasers are not intended for slow fire bullseye shooting. They are
really for quick point and shoot situations or times when you can't
establish your normal hold or sight picture. (weak hand shooting from
behind cover or something)
I had one on my Ruger KP90 for a while and took it off. It seemed like
more of a distraction than a help. This was an early one that did not
really have great switch operation tho. I forgot about it until now.
That might be a good laser to play with for this project.

I've never had a laser sight, but I do have a laser sighting in kit, and
it does what it is supposed to do...it speeds up the process of sighting
in a firearm that's new to you, or sighting in a new red dot or scope. I
change out and swap around the add-on sights on my rifles, and the
sighting in kit makes it easy-peasy to get right on paper.

CZ does a very good job of sighting in its firearms before it ships
them. I was shooting bullseyes with the SCORP right out of the box with
the "iron" sights.

Well of course. I mean, after all, it is *you* you're talking about, right?