Calif Bill

Default skegs

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

news:scDeb.11294
And if you run into something else and the skeg is missing, the skeg can

not
be broke if it ain't there. Course the prop and shft will take a

lick'n.
Get it welded. About $80.

He didn't say the whole thing was gone. One third. Learn to read, will
you? The skeg on my 135 Evinrude has been about a third gone since I
bought the boat. No adverse affects.

More stupid advice. If the boat only needed 2/3 of the skeg, the
manufacturer would make the skeg 2/3 the size they do. Both for tracking
and for protection. That extra metal cost's money. As Mr. Kettering told
the people of National Cash Register. Install all the screws. If we did
not need them we would not have them in the first place.