Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Is everybody happy with they new tax law

On 1/13/2018 5:26 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 16:54:46 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

My first mortgage was in 1982. Economy was still reeling from the
Carter years. Banks were offering 12.5% for a conventional, 30 year
mortgage. I decided to contact the VA and ended up with a VA backed
conventional mortgage at 11%. Seemed like a great deal at the time.
I remember they had "points" then also.

The points is what kept me away from a VA mortgage. I ended up with a
better rate bottom line from a bank.

I think all mortgages, VA or not, had points back then. They just
factored them into the loan.