Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Is everybody happy with they new tax law

On 1/13/18 1:13 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 08:05:16 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/12/18 11:05 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:08:50 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I have no interest in the "1% of the world." I think the pursuit of
money for greed's sake is a sickness.

Guilty?
If what you have said is true you are the top 1% of the US and more
like the top .0001% of the world. I bet you never said "naa, that's
too much" and gave your employer some back.

My employer has been me since the mid-1970s.

Maybe in the eyes of the IRS but your employer is everyone who employs
your services. I bet you squeeze them as hard as you can.

Nope. In fact, often I have undercut the prices of competitors for
monthly services covered by a contract. I haven't raised my price for
researching and writing a 15-30 minute speech in 15 years, and I've
lowered my price for visual presentations because the software these
days is easier to use. A full-time staff speechwriter in DC for a major
league client can command an annual salary of $150,000-$200,000, so if I
can produce three or four speeches a year for a client, I'm a bargain.
Serious annual reports are higher because there is so much back and
forth, editing, lawyer and CPA demanded changes, et cetera. I don't mark
up out-of-pocket expenses, such as graphics artists, travel, et cetera.

I've had three clients under contract for 15-30 years.