Default Is everybody happy with they new tax law

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:01:47 -0500, Alex wrote:

I'm looking at land. Residential lots in SW FL and some acreage in
Central FL. All would be held in an LLC but I need to find out if I
still need to carry liability insurance in case some idiot trespasses
and gets hurt.

I would never be a landlord for the reasons you mention.

Short answer, yes, unless you are willing to give up all the assets of
the LLC, usually the property.
I also would not count on a lawyer trying to penetrate the LLC and
coming after you personally. Even if it is unsuccessful, you may still
end up paying the lawyer tax.