Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Is everybody happy with they new tax law

On 1/12/2018 10:59 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:00:11 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/12/18 9:46 AM, amdx wrote:
On 1/8/2018 6:29 PM, Alex wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 22:35:27 -0500, Alex wrote:

amdx wrote:
and hey, how about the stock market?

I should do well under the new tax law, looks like I'll qualify for
the pass thru, knocking off 20% of my business income from being
taxable.
and a Standard deduction of $24k, what's not to like.
Â* I'll will lose two child deductions, but I would have lost one
anyone, she's getting married.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â* Mikek
My 401K hit seven figures shortly after President Trump was elected and
has grown even more.Â* I'll have to see how it affects my paycheck.Â* The
new rates won't be active until next month.Â* If this continues I might
be able to retire at 55!

===

I've been moving into more conservative, and more diversified assets
in anticipation of a market pull back.Â* I'd suggest keeping your job a
bit longer if you enjoy what you're doing.Â* Inflation becomes a real
risk once you stop working.

---
http://www.avg.com

I'm realistically looking to retire by 60.Â* I've got a few IRA's and
some non-retirement investments, too.Â* I don't want to have to watch
the market all the time to feel comfortable.

Investing new money is challenging right now with the market so high.
I'm looking more and more at real estate.

Many people do well with real estate, but if you buy rentals you are
buying a job. 20 some years ago I had 5 rentals, I did well with them,
but when I moved out of state I sold them all, and at 62 I have zero
interest being on call to do repairs or maintenance.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â* Mikek

When the market "corrects" and tumbles, what are you going to do...go
back to selling shrimp?

Temporary glitches in the market are dealt with by using
diversification.
So far it has always recovered. If there was an actual crash that we
didn't recover from, selling shrimp would not be an option either
because the dollar would go down with it along with the whole world
economy.
That kind of thing will usually result in a massive war and these days
it will be the kind of war that ends all of that global warming
bull****. We will scrub those few billion of the population we need to
and be in a nuclear winter for a decade or two.

My, my. You certainly have a cheery outlook of the future.