Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default generators

On 1/9/18 7:14 PM, Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 19:51:52 UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

Like most things at Harbor Fright this is a chinese knockoff but it
might be all anyone needs if it is just for a rare power failure. I
doubt you would want it if you were a camper or something you wanted
on your boat.

I see Yamaha has a neat looking copy of the Honda EU2000i for $50.00
less. Not sure if anyone deals with them around here so I stuck with the Honda.

I have the Yamaha. Works well. Had to clean the carb this year. To
much gelled crud.

A local boat dealer who sells Yamaha outboards also sells the portable
Yamaha generators. By the numbers I see around, I suspect he sells a
boatload of them. I doubt there is any significant qualitative
difference between the Honda and Yamaha portable generators.