Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default generators

On 1/10/18 5:12 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/9/2018 8:31 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/9/18 7:42 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/9/2018 7:14 PM, Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 19:51:52 UTC-4, Â* wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda.Â* $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

Like most things at Harbor Fright this is a chinese knockoff but it
might be all anyone needs if it is just for a rare power failure. I
doubt you would want it if you were a camper or something you wanted
on your boat.

I see Yamaha has a neat looking copy of the Honda EU2000i for $50.00
less.Â* Not sure if anyone deals with them around here so I stuck
with the Honda.

I have the Yamaha.Â*Â* Works well.Â* Had to clean the carb this year.Â*Â* To
much gelled crud.

It's interesting that the manual for the Harbor Freight Predator
generator recommends storing it with a full tank of treated gas
(Stabil or similar), and letting it run for a while to distribute
through the carb before shutting it down.Â* They allow recommend
removing the sparkplug, putting a tablespoon of oil in the cylinder,
replace the plug (but not the spark plug wire) and pulling on the
cord several times to distribute the oil in the cylinder.

They also recommend running it every 3 months will in storage.

They only recommend draining the gas for storage if the gas has not
been treated.

That's what the guy who runs the service shop that takes care of my
lawn tractor does...he picks up the machine, performs that service,
changes the oil, checks out everything, including the belts, sharpens
the blades, and brings it back. We push it into the storage shed. When
it is time to use it again, I reconnect the spark plug wires.

I know this may be unbelievable to you Harry but some of us have the
technical competence to perform everything your service shop guy does.
If you are unsure, all you have to do is read the owner's manual that
outlines the maintenance and service recommendations.

Why, that's just incredible! Next time the tractor needs maintenance,
I'll look at the manual first and *then* call the guy who runs the local
service shop so he can come by and pick up the machine.