John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default generators

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 18:01:26 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 1/9/2018 5:47 PM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

I wish they'd had that when I bought my Honda. But I don't think it'll operate in parallel with
another like the Honda will.

I read the owner's manual for it. It *will* parallel with another like
generator.

It also has the feature that I think is probably the Honda's best
feature ... the economy switch. For light loads you can turn it on
and the generator will become very quiet and fuel efficient.

Looks like a reverse engineered copy of the Honda. I didn't notice but
it must be made in China.

I think all of HF's stuff is Chinese. I've had good luck with what tools I've bought from them, but
I'm not a contractor using the stuff continuously.