Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Luddite, Its Me, Bill, Justan etc...

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 6:20:57 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/8/2018 5:53 PM, John H wrote:
So I did what Luddite said. Disconnected the pos line, let her sit a bit, reconnected. Got same
readings with additional ABS code. Remote did the same thing.

Tried remote again...nothing. Tried to start truck with ignition switch and key...only a few rrr's.
Tried again. Nothing...only a click. I'd just recharged the battery yesterday, so I'm stumped. Put
charger back on battery. Reading went from 12+ down to 2.4 volts and stabilized. Left charger on. In
a few minutes the charger was displaying an error code. Tried jumping with wife's car. Nothing. Got
****ed...almost blew up the f'ing truck.

Went to the Dr for a cough. Came back, thought I'd try the charger again. This time it started at
13+ volts and stayed there. Soon it displayed 'charged'. Tried the starter. Truck started right up.

No more 'ctrl-alt-del'. Had me almost calling a tow truck.

John, there's no way disconnecting the battery and reconnecting can do
any harm.

Based on what you did, the charger "error" and the readings, it points
to one thing:

You have a bad battery. Open cell or cells that are shorted.

One variable I'll throw in is that the battery connections can get corroded and develop a high resistance. Unless you clean them when removing, you "could" have had a bad connection when re-connected, and weird results when charging/starting.

Pay the man.