amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default 43 and a half hours without power...

On 1/6/2018 9:42 AM, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
Now I'm ready to move on one of those Honda 2000 generators. Contacted both local dealerships and all 1000 and 2000 model generators were sold before I got there. D'oh.

Shipments on way from Montreal. These models are costly here...a hair over 1K for the smaller unit and just over 1.3K for the 2000 plus HST and a PDI and freight charge of $75.00. Outrageous...first that crap started with cars and then new boats. Now on generators??

By the way it was just below 45 degrees F inside our house this morning.
No country for girliemen Jack Goff.

Years ago, we had an ice storm in Michigan and lost power.
We spent one night sleeping in the bathroom, because we had a gas water
heater and we kept the room a little warmer by running hot water into
the bath tube.
The next day, I went out and bought a kerosene heater, got it setup
and running and then noticed my neighbor had steam coming out of his
dryer vent. I found out the electric break was between our houses.
I rigged up a cord with two plugs and plugged one into the line with
my furnace blower and one into the neighbors house to get my furnace
working.
Before everyone gets all highfalutin on me, I removed the main fuses
to the lines coming in.

Mikek