John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default 43 and a half hours without power...

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 07:13:37 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Now I'm ready to move on one of those Honda 2000 generators. Contacted both local dealerships and all 1000 and 2000 model generators were sold before I got there. D'oh.

Shipments on way from Montreal. These models are costly here...a hair over 1K for the smaller unit and just over 1.3K for the 2000 plus HST and a PDI and freight charge of $75.00. Outrageous...first that crap started with cars and then new boats. Now on generators??

By the way it was just below 45 degrees F inside our house this morning.
No country for girliemen Jack Goff.

If noise isn't a problem, there's lots of generators in that size that Consumer Reports rates about
as well as the Honda...for a lot less money. Predator, Honeywell and Westinghouse, for example. The
Predator is about as quiet as the Honda (all in the 2000 watt range).