Alex[_13_] Alex[_13_] is offline

Default A little nippy ...

wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 19:50:14 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 20:48:51 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
We always have the windows open if the AC isn't on and we usually have
one of the 24" exhaust fans running on low. If both are on high I
think we turn over the air in the house every few minutes.

What kind of exhaust fans do you have?
They are "Spartan"s that I believe is now handled by Grainger. The
original owner bought them from a local place called Wickes RIP that
was killed by the chains. All the paperwork came with the house along
with the papers on everything else he ever bought.
This is a 24" deal with a 2 speed motor, 1/4hp on high probably about
1/10 on low. and it will pop your ears if you don't have enough
windows open.

So it vents through the roof?

Yup, soffit vents, ridge vents and gable end vents. I can move a lot
of air.

OK, it's mounted in the ceiling. I've seen those. The type I remember
had louvers that were opened by the air flow and closed on their own.
Kind of noisy, as I recall, but very functional.