John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Yo Tim

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 07:43:54 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 5:22:18 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
This was my first motorcycle:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...da_CL-125S.jpg

Not very fast, but an absolute blast in the woods!

One time we had about a 3" snowfall on Ft. Belvoir, and I was riding the bike in the snow to work.
It had those 'almost' knobby tires on it and was great in the snow. But, this time I got some red
lights behind me, and the MPs pulled me over. "Sir, you're not allowed to ride a motorcycle in the
snow in Virginia." And then he explained that Ft. Belvoir abided by Virginia's laws. I was
disappointed, which he noticed, and then said, "But, if you keep it on the shoulder or in the grass,
then you're not breaking a law!"

Some MPs are just good guys.

Here was my first:

https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_dt_125_e_1975.php

I rode it to school for a while until I got my first car. I'd strap my books down tight and hit a couple of dirt trails on the way home. Fun stuff.

Looks like more of a dirt bike than my first, but the tires are about the same.