Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Yo Tim

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 12:00:05 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
10:06 AMIts Me
Yes, it did have electric start. I'd forgotten about that.

At one point I had fallen into a group of riders, mostly older than myself, who had a motorcycle shop and rode competition enduros. They had KTM/Pentons, Husky's, and one guy had a 250 and 400 Maico. Except in tight woods the Yamaha couldn't keep up, but I got pretty good at getting everything out of it that it had.

While they would "toss me the keys" to their bikes all the time, the Maico 400 was my love. It was so smooth and balanced while being FAST! You could take it down a dirt road, and when you came to a curve just lay it over, crack the throttle, and the back tire would just float out. No drama. Time to straighten up you'd just start to stand the bike back up and everything just naturally came together. I wanted one so bad, but they were way out of my price range at the time.

.

Ah the Maico! Beautiful bikes. Got hard to get parts for and we’re price compete to be with the Japanese big 4.
Now ATK and Maico have a 700/750 single two stroke out there. A perfect way to kill myself!

The older air cooled 760

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/tec...760-54366.html

The newer liquid cooled 700 ATK/Maico
http://motocrosszone.com/maico-700-t...ator-dirtbike/

Wow! You're right... a perfect way to kill yourself.

One of the guys back then had a Honda TT500. He was arguably the best rider of the group. He looped it twice and went back to a KTM 250. He got tired of picking himself up off the ground.