Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Did you eat your black eyed peas yet?

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 4:37:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 12:49:25 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

Don't those instant pots take nearly 20 minutes to come up to pressure to cook, then another 20 to cool back off to relieve pressure? That's what I've read in the reviews.

I have a pressure cooker and it only takes a few minutes to get it
going, depending on how much water you put in and I can dump the
pressure in less than a minute. I do veggies in there sometimes and
the whole process is less than 5 minutes. Get the water boiling before
you put the veggies in, just enough water to make steam and not boil
dry. Dump in the veggies and some seasoning, maybe a little butter,
close it up, the pressure will be up in seconds and cook a minute or
two, then dump the pressure as fast as you can and open it up. They
will still be bright green, still a little crunch but cooked and the
seasoning punches its way inside.
Broccoli takes a little longer than green beans but the process is the
same.

Yeah, I've used a pressure cooker before. These "instant pots" are a different beast.

https://www.ebay.com/i/382324935059?chn=ps