Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Did you eat your black eyed peas yet?

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 3:16:35 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/2/18 3:06 PM, Tim wrote:
Its Me
I can't handle boiling ribs or other meats to tenderize them. When you take them out of the broth you just made, take a look at that broth. There's your flavor

Did t know if it’d help but throw in a bullion cube with it...

Actually, the pot "steams" the ribs...the pot holds 6 quarts, or 24
cups. A cup or two of water in the boating doesn't actually touch the
ribs, which sit on a rack. The steam breaks down the ribs and cooks
them. I wouldn't bother messing with the grill in this weather...so we
end up with tasty ribs in less than an hour.

Steaming, boiling, the action is the same. Hot water, with or without pressure.

In the oven wrapped for a while, then unwrap and sauce, back in to finish. It'll take longer but like you said, in this weather what else is there to do? Beats boiled meat, but to each his own.

Don't those instant pots take nearly 20 minutes to come up to pressure to cook, then another 20 to cool back off to relieve pressure? That's what I've read in the reviews. Now you're at an hour plus prep, and you still haven't sauced or baked them.