Default Doggie update

On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:39:38 -0500, John H
wrote:

Apparently the corner has been turned. At least she's eating much better. Last night she ate half a
can of wet food mixed with about a half cup of her dry food. But, the canned stuff (Merrick) is
costing over $3 a can. May have to go back to prime rib and rotisserie chicken!

She's even gotten her bladder back under control.

I am glad to hear she is getting better. I am still wondering if it
was just something she picked up off the ground and ate.
Both of my labs are/were horrible about that.

It is really true that dog food can cost more than people food when
you get to the designer stuff. "Treats" may actually be the worst.
I am cooking treats for Deuce because they are cheaper and he likes
them better than dog treats. Some of them gave him a skin rash anyway.
(Maro Bones in particular)
Right now he is fond of Gualtny hot dogs, on sale for $1.30 a pound
the other day. I cut them up into 1/4" chunks and carry them in a zip
bag for our run down the power line or through the scrub.